Wednesday 24 February 2010

Collaborating with an angel Part 3






There have been two major stages in the run-up to the Floraportrait on Saturday, the first being the making of the irises I will be posing with. This was a complex affair consisting of a trip up North to my parents in order to spend many hours assembling the irises. We had a production line including Neeta (the smiling beauty with Harry the cat), my mum (pictured) myself and my mums next door neighbour Debbie. Each iris is made of crepe paper with wire throughout each petal in order to bend them into shape, including 3 petals hand drawn with white and yellow pastel then assembled complete with leaf and stem. The finished article will be seen in the next post. We had 100 to make. Work began at 3pm on Friday, we packed up at 2am Saturday morning! The next day was a long stint with Debbie joining us for the daytime shift, Neeta and myself kept going till 3am. My dad took on an evening roll as 'Jeeves' offering drinks and his amazing DJ skills; ending up with many a sing song often to Frank Sinatra. The day shifts were punctuated by offerings of home-made cake and tea. As you can see I gave into red wine at one point. Sunday morning was reserved for some posing practice with the watering can. I shall be using it to pour water (surreal celophane streams) onto my irises. I have also prepared some music for the shoot (as requested) to keep me relaxed and feeling great throughout. It has been decided that I will channel Liz Taylor and Cleo Lane throughout the proceedings, taking on a diva-like persona, exuding sexiness and style (I'll believe it when I see it). I have absolutely no doubt that Neeta can perform miracles with her camera, lighting and make-up. I carried on making iris's in the car on the way back home. We were both tired at the end of the weekend, but had had a thoroughly fantastic time chatting and eating our way one step closer to 'Laura with Irises' ...

No comments:

Post a Comment