Friday 27 August 2010

Say it with flowers...





With the approaching 'Trio-Talk' at Diemar/Noble Photography on Wednesday filling up fast with less than 10 places left I urge you to book if you haven't already. TEL: 0207 636 5475 to book, details on the gallery website.

It is very rare to gather three artists to speak about their work, all of whom have fascinating insights to tell about their extraordinary work. As regular readers of this blog will know I have been photographed by one (Neeta Madahar), then introduced to (Lisa Creagh) by Neeta & realised that I had been at the same university as another (Kate Owens) who was at Kingston assisting the Head of Photography (Vince Wade) at the same time I was there! It was a marvelous moment after arranging a meeting with Kate at the gallery to realise that we had met before. In some way it seems that an exhibition with these marvelous women was destined to be.

Incidentally, all of us have been models for the 'Flora' series for Neeta, hence the picture of Kate here with primroses. We can all testify to Neeta's amazing achievement in creating such wonderful portraits.

The response to show has been overwhelming with visitors finding insights to the work each day has been a joy. I can't wait for the Q&A session at the end. Each artist will speak for 20 minutes then we open up to the floor. If you have any questions that you are dying to know the answers to do let me know and I will do my best to find out the answers. Better yet, come to the talk & ask for yourself.

The photo's : 'Lisa with Primroses' by Neeta Madahar
Neeta Madahar by me on the day of my shoot
Kate Owens at the gallery with her work on new SX-70 Polaroid film

We may be recording the event, if so I will post up the link in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment